Wednesday 9 February 2011

Alice In Wonderland Sketches

This image is from an 'Alice in Wonderland' project that I produced in GCSE Art and Design Textiles. I looked at images from the Lewis Caroll novel and copied them in order to get inspiration for what 'Alice in Wonderland' represents and what I could take away from it to aid my design. Firstly I sketched in pencil. However, 'Alice in Wonderland' is originally in black and white, so to get a feel of the concept behind the character and the project, I decided to develop my sketch by re-drawing the image in ink with a small clay knife and a pot of black ink. By doing this I decided to use texture in my final piece, as by using the clay knife to draw with, this made the paper rough to touch and reminded me of the texture of velvet.

No comments:

Post a Comment