Wednesday 9 February 2011

Observational Drawing

This image is from my GCSE Art and Design Textiles project of 'Alice in Wonderland'. I collected images that reminded me of the themes within the novel. I drew a pocket watch and a teacup as these both reminded me of The Mad Hatter. The pocket watch inspired my design to have a vintage look as, like the pocket watch itself; the novel is quite old. The teacup also gave me ideas for the final garment to be dainty, as China is very fragile. I felt like this represented the character of Alice that was portrayed throughout the novel. I used the idea of having a vintage, dainty look in my choice of fabric. As the texture of the drawing in the image below reminded me of velvet, I also decided to use velvet because this was used quite often in garments that are now considered to be vintage. I used satin in conjunction with the velvet as this is a cheaper alternative to silk, but still has the same lustre.

No comments:

Post a Comment